- About Me: maladjusted hetero-sexual carnivore...i'm damn good at it, and damn proud of it!
- School Name: Oak Lawn Community High School
- Status: Alumni
- Class of: 1972
- Attended: 1968 - 1972
- Organizations: i must point out i attended Oak Lawn freshman year, follwed by a new school each year; John Hersey High, LaLumiere College Prep, and Lake Forest HS, before returning to OLCHS, at the end of my senior year, in 1972, to make up credits due to differing school requirements and transcript credit transferring formulas.
- Favorite Books: 1-still life with woodpecker, 2-the prophet, 3- brave new world, 4-rockhounding in hawaii, 5-1984, 6- the owl and the pussycat, 7- do androids dream of electric sheep? (just a short story-the basis for the movie "bladerunner")
- Favorite Authors: 1-tom robbins,2- kalil gibran, 3-aldous huxley, 4-milton manhoff, 5-george orwell, 6-bill manhoff, 7- phillip k. dick
- Favorite Genres: philosophy, sci-fi, who-done-its, philosophy, historical, classics, astronomy, history, biography, martial arts, classics, cartoon compilations, cofee table books
- Favorite Characters: heroes and anti-heroes, villains...some, just before redemption, and those incapable of reaching it, and, oh yeah, James Bond...oh, shut the hell up !!!...like, you're cerebral, all day, every day !!!...yeah, my ass !!!
- Favorite Quotes: "it's never too late, to have a happy childhood...now, go get yours, son"...my father, to me (sept 1980), as i boarded a plane, leaving honolulu, taking me away from our first meeting, since i was three...i was 25...he was 69...funny how sometimes it takes so little to make you smile...i took his advice, and am one happy animal
- Recent Reads: atlas shrugged- ayn rand
- Favorite Cuisine: italian (natch), thai, soul, japanese, mexican
- Favorite Dishes: sausage and peppers, atomic chilli, beans and rice, mana pua
- Favorite Desserts: tira misu, creme brulee, rocky road ice cream
- Favorite Drinks: benedictine and brandy, mai tais, golden cadillacs
- Favorite Junk Foods: doritos with easy cheese, cheetos, garlic and parmesan popcorn, apple slices with peanut butter
- Best meal ever: the very first time Laurel made dinner, for me...she made jerk chicken, spinach, sauteed in olive oil and fresh garlic, and rice...and two bottles of Santa Margherita Pinot Griggio...i'd check the spelling here, but i'm surprised i stayed focused this long...what a meal, and, oh, the dessert...mmmmmm
- My Original Recipes: Animal's Lasagne, Animal's Dormroom Stew (go ahead, ask me!..i was the ultimate hot-plate genius), Animal's Homemade Italian gravy (if you must, pasta sauce)...Mike-a-roni & cheese (my seasoning skills , and mix of cheeses, rule..just ask Laurel, and Diana...)
- Favorite Restaurants: Gruppo Di Amici (on jarvis st, chicago), Campagnola (on chicago ave, in evanston, il), Kuni, (evanston), El Jardin (clark st., chicago), Key Lime Bistro (captiva island, florida), Black Ram (des plaines, il.), Su Casa (downtown Chicago)
- Foods I hate: mushrooms, calamari, chitterlings (only when i'm in the same building where they were cooked), tofu, (and i will get a lot of crap for this one) crawfish...and oysters (really, who was the first idiot who pried one open, and said, "I'd like to slurp that down !!"????) and capers (i truly believe they were added to food to hide rat turds)
- Favorite Movies: Johnny Got His Gun, Shrek, It's A Wonderful Life, Independence Day, Game Of Death, Monster's Inc., The Day The Earth Stood Still (both versions), ...to be continued.....
- Favorite Actors: Michael Caine, Katherine Hepburn, Maureen O'hara, Morgan Freeman, Sean Connery, John Wayne, Spencer Tracy, Jimmy Stewart, Angela Bassett, Giovanni Ribisi, Bruce Lee, Jet Li, Jason Statham, Henry Fonda, Humphrey Bogart, Jack Nicholson, Sam Elliot, Roy Scheider, James Cagney, Keannu Reeves, Will Smith, Vin Diesel, Anthony Quinn, Angelica Houston, Diane Lane, Tim Curry, oh hell...there isn't enough room.
- Favorite Directors: Tony and Ridley Scott, John Carpenter, John Ford, Ron Howard, Quentin Tarantino, Spike Lee, Martin Scorsese, Francis Ford Coppolla, Paris Barclay,
- Favorite Genre: Science Fiction...i'm an alien...go figure!
- Favorite Soundtracks: Exodus
- Movie Quotes I say all the time: "Rule number one..." ("The Transporter"), "My name is Andrew Shepard, and i AM...", (The American President"),
- Movies I can watch over and over: i'll get back to you
- Actor that would play me in a movie: Giovanni Ribisi....hell...idk
- Where I shop: EVERYWHERE... effing DUH!
- Brands I love: it's the look...NOT the label...grow up!
- I like to wear: clothing...once, i tried sticks, twigs and leaves...epic fail!...the lady cop gave me her phone number.
- Can't live without: Air, water, and a bit of food...other than that, i'm good.
- Prized Possessions: yeah...wait for it....
- Guilty Pleasure: being a smart ass/ major tease/ dichotomy
- Favorite Shows: Sci Fi Science (with Dr. Michio Kaku), Big Bang Theory, Rules of Engagement, WWE Monday Night Raw, Smallville, Cash Cab
- Favorite Channels: Discovery, History, Spike, HNN, CNN, WGN-TV
- Favorite Reruns: Looney Tunes, The Universe, Ancient Aliens
- Most Addictive Show: Morgan Freeman's 'Through the Wormhole'
- Favorite Late Night Talk Show: The Late Late Show, with Craig Ferguson
- Favorite Episode: R.O.E. ...Timmy has to camp out, overnight, in line at the Apple Store, to buy an iPad for Russell.
- Characters you relate to: i'll get back to you.
- Favorite Theme Song: again...
- Show I Secretly Watch: Storm Stories
- Show I wished wasn't cancelled: The Sopranos
- Places I love: captiva island, florida....honolulu, hawaii....palermo, sicily
- Places I've been: england, france, ireland, italy, sicily, new york, florida, mexico, california, texas, ohio, indiana, kentucky, missouri, new mexico, nevada, wisconsin, michigan, hawaii
- Places to see before I die: tuscany, jamaica, the yukon, austria, space
- Dream Vacation: cross country motor home tour- on route 66(i'd take a year, playing music for living expense money)...animal wants an Airstream
- Games I Play: NBA Jam, ESPN Sunday Night Football (yeah, they're old...so what?)...Area 51, (yup!...that's old, too!)...don't piss me off, or i'll list all my Commodore 64 games, many of them you NEVER got a chance to play...really...NEVER! neener neener neener!
- Consoles: Sega, PlayStation
- Favorite Characters: Michael Jordan
- Gaming Alias: Animal
- Servers I Play On: none
- Favorite Classic Arcade Games: Gravitar, Star Wars (original arcade game, where you eventually get to attack the Death Star), Leader Board Golf, Area 51, Spy Hunter, Road Rash, Driver, anything Pinball
- Most Addictive: Area 51...i'm a ba-a-a-a-a-a-d man, there.
- Proudest Achievements: i was a master at getting free replays on old fashioned pinball games...sometimes several dozen, in a couple hours on a Saturday, at Shopper's World....yes, kids, you're being ripped-off!...name ONE game, where when you hit the high score, you actually get to play again, FOR FREE!
- Favorite Soundtrack: Star Wars
- Clans: huh? ummm Cave Bear, i guess?
More About Me
- Nicknames: Animal, Batman, the Red Heat, Mikey, M², Double M, the Heater
- Nationality: Sicilian, French Creole, Northern Italian, German, and Native American...a mutt
- Religion: recovering Roman Catholic
- Heroes: Every cop, soldier, fire fighter, and teacher
- Interests: Music, martial arts, truth and relaxation
- Expertise: Music, martial arts, and truth...still working on the relaxation part.
- Occupation: Advertising Office Manager/Entertainer/Composer
- School Name: City Colleges Of Chicago
- Status: Undergrad
- Attended: 1979 - 1980
- Major(s): accounting /business
- Minor(s): photography
- Greek: ΝΟΦ
- Sports: social
- Organizations: None--well, maybe...all of us at truman college partied hard...o.k., nevermind, we were pretty disorganized...except the photography crowd...always an eye on composition...lol